Sunday, December 11, 2005

I'm full

My brain is full. I feel like I need to unload a bit of information-for sanity. I just spent the last hour or so looking at stuff on ebay. I got sucked in, and I couldn't stop. I did bid on a hutch for my dining room and it looks like I may get it for $5.50. Yes, folks, just over 5 bucks. All I have to do is drive down past Akron to pick it up. I'm not sure if it will suit us. It looked a little rough, but I can probably do something with it-because that's what I do. Which I guess leads me to my next topic. I have been thinking for a long time about what I want "to be when I grow up". I use that term loosely considering I'm almost 30. I just can't seem to find my place. I like so many things. I was talking to a lady I work with at our group holiday gathering last night. She and I are kindred spirits. We were discussing our passion for interior design and how both of us have a dream of doing it for our jobs-even owning our own business. We gave a clink of the wine glasses to someday going into business together. However, I need to go to school for it. I looked at Virginia Marti College of Art and Design. While I think it would fit me, and I would really be able to enjoy the stuff they can offer, I have a fear that no one will take me seriously. I feel as though everyone looks at me like I'm not living up to my potential if I don't become some business mogul or something. Hey, news flash, I don't really want that. I know I have a brain in my head, and that's enough for me. I don't feel like I have anything to prove to anyone, but at the same time, I feel like I would have to make excuses for why I chose to go to Virginia Marti College and not finish a Bachelor's degree at CSU or Akron or Kent. Maybe that is in the cards for me someday, but for now, I actually think it would be so fun to actually get to do what I love and learn how to do it properly. I researched some local design firms, and there are a few. One, in particular, looked interesting and the founder of the company is a graduate of Virginia Marti. So, I think I may just do it. I also thought about working on a real estate license and combining the two. Hey, I'll sell you a house and then decorate it for you. :)

In other news, Tom is going to day shift in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness. I don't do well not seeing him. I miss him terribly. I want to share in things with him like we used to. I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I just don't feel complete unless he is with me. So, his shift change is fabulous news. He should be walking in the door any minute, and I can't wait.

I spent tonight cleaning and plan on working on arranging the office/spare room for Miss Taryn's visit that is approaching quickly. Also something to look forward to.

Well, now no one can bitch that I haven't posted. I hear the elevator. I'm out.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think it only makes sense at any age, but especially at your age to study what you love - not what you think you should.

Mr. Bebout said...

In life we have two options for every situation. We can either shit, or we can get off the pot.
Waiting to shit will have you with your legs all asleep.
Enough said.

Stacy Cane said...

One's work is becomes so much of one's life, that you better be happy with what you do. What other people may expect you to do is not all that important, since they are not the ones who have to et up every day and do the work.

Even if you find now there is a program of study you want to take that will take a year or two or three, you can ask yourself "wow I'll be x years old when I finish that" but you can also tell yourself, "in that many years I'll be just as old even if I don't do it."

Of course, there may be other factors to consider, but if it comes down to just that, then I think you go for it.