Friday, August 11, 2006

Instead of Trying to Lose Weight, I Will Now Be Super Fat

Well, I feel like I can now announce to everyone....

I'm pregnant! Tom and I found out just after Father's Day, and I couldn't keep the secret from most people. Now that I am 12 weeks today, I feel like I can shout it to the world. I am due February 23, and it can't come soon enough. It is a lot to take in and prepare for, but I don't have much patience for such things. I get too excited. I got my first ultrasound in July just to make sure everything was ok, and it looks like we are having a snowman. :) Alli has been lovingly referring to the baby as Taco, as "the baby" is just worn out. I had my second doctor's appointment on August 3rd and all is well. Doc told me to keep up the good work. Taco's heart rate was 150 and they tell me that's normal. Everything else was good. Only 8 more weeks and we can find out what we're having!

In other news, we are moving. We found a brand new apartment that is still a 2 bedroom, but it is much bigger and offers more ammenities in the suite. We will have a washer and dryer in the unit and a dishwasher. Two necessities with a new baby. The best part about moving this time, is that I can't move a thing. I suppose I could lift a few light boxes, but you can't be too safe.....right? We actually decided to get movers because we're just sick and tired of moving! After I found out I was pregnant, I freaked out and wanted to move back to Ashtabula. Luckily, Tom and I were able to compromise on half-way. We will be on the Mentor/Painesville line. We are really excited to be in a brand new place (our building won't be finished until the week before we move in).

So, that's my news....I know, it's a lot to take in. I will try to keep up with this blog and how we are doing.

With Love,
Mom of Taco

7 comments:

Stacy Cane said...

Taco... "Think Outside the Bun."

Glad to hear things are going well with Taco. Feb 23 will be here before you know it!

(Good planning too -- with regard to summer heat.)

Christie said...

I don't think we decided. Hmmm...enchilada is ok..or, meximelt. :)

Stacy Cane said...

Gordita

HCG said...

HAHAHAHA, Taco,"Think Outside the Bun." That was awesome, Michael.

I prefer burrito surpreme!

Anyways, I'm so excited for you "Mom of Taco"!

Gina Ventre said...

Congrats on Taco!

And just so I can name a menu item from Taco Bell....er, Nachos Bell Grande

Christie said...

I have been noticing that people look at me a lot. I think they're trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or just fat. I can imagine that it is pretty confusing right now. I'm not quite big enough for it to be obvious.

Tam said...

I'm so excited for the both of you! Congratulations!

You didn't ask for my advice, but you better get used to people giving you it for no fucking reason. Here's mine: Take pictures while youre pregnant! I have a total of two and kept saying I'd have pictures at the shower...until Brit decided to join me at the shower. DAMNIT!