Friday, March 03, 2006

Thoughts on a Friday



On Monday, I met Toni Morrison. It was cool. It was only for like 5 seconds, but I got to shake her hand and say how nice it was to meet her. I have been helping an old boss of mine with a project she is working on and so is Ms. Morrison. It was very cool. The only other famous people I have met (besides artists) were the members of White Zombie (minus Rob Zombie), and I have to say I actually enjoyed Toni Morrison more even if it was for only a second. I don't care too much about White Zombie.


I have started eating healthier. I promised myself for one month that I will not eat cheese, oil or butter. By the way, a lot of things have that stuff in it. I am doing well. Granted, it has only been 3 days, but I notice a huge difference already in the way I feel. I am more focused at work, and I actually feel like doing things when I get home. Tom and I joined the YMCA and were really good about going, but he is worried about me doing too much with my back issues (see below). However, I think I can use the elliptical or swim. Either of those shouldn't hurt me. So, I think I will go tomorrow morning to Aqua Aerobics. I'm sure I will be the youngest person there by about 40 years, but I'm gonna groove with the grannies.



My back....I have had issues with my back for some time. Only now has it gotten to the point where it hurts every day. It used to be just when I was on my feet for a long time, or rearranged my furniture, or cleaned the house. Now, it hurts with everything I do. Not just a little hurt. Like, take my breath away hurt. So, I have been seeing doctors for the past 2-3 months still trying to figure out what it is. I had an MRI on Tuesday. Boy, was that weird. It wasn't too bad, though. I am not claustrophobic, so it didn't bother me. Hopefully, I will find something out and not have to have surgery. This is also another reason why I am trying to be healthier. I know part of the problem with my back is my weight. If I can solve part of the issue myself and take away this pain....I will.
So, the girl gave me my pics from the MRI, "for my records". They do me no good. I looked at them as soon as I got home, and I had no idea what I was looking at. I don't know what I thought I would see. Surprise! I'm not a doctor. Oh, well. I am waiting patiently for a follow up with the doc.

On a lighter note, I too am looking forward to the Oscars. I haven't seen hardly any of the movies, but I would like to try to see a few this weekend. Below are my picks in Kristen's pool.

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Director: Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line
Best Supporting Actor: Jake Gyllenhaal for Brokeback Mountain
Best Supporting Actress: Michelle Williams for Brokeback Mountain
Best Original Screenplay: Syriana - Stephen Gaghan
Best Adapted Screenplay: Capote - Dan Futterman
Cinematography: Memoirs of a Geisha
Costume Design: Memoirs of a Geisha
Original Score: Memoirs of a Geisha
Original Song: "Travelin' Thru" - Transamerica - Dolly Parton
Best Animated Feature Film: Corpse Bride
Best Foreign Language Film: Paradise Now (Palestine)
Best Documentary Feature: Murderball


5 comments:

Mr. Bebout said...

Sula is one of my favorite books. It is errotic and at the same time uncomfortable. She, at least in this book, creates such a vivid picture that you can feel how hot it was in the kitchen while Sula's mom was in the pantry.

Christie said...

I'm reading Love right now. She is a fabulous writer. This is the first I have read.

Stacy Cane said...

I don't know what is hotter, you or your avatar. Something to ponder on a Friday afternoon.

HCG said...

I enjoyed the back picture and the Avatar! Adorable..

Now my back hurts... just thinking about it.

Tam said...

I think you have back pain because of your big rack.