Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yep, Still Here

Well, 38 weeks tomorrow. Two more to go until my due date. I have been hearing for weeks how "ready" I look. "Oh, she'll be here anytime." "You'll be lucky to make it through the week." That was 3 weeks ago. Still here. I have decided that I am going to stop listening to what everyone says, and my new mantra is, "she'll come when she's ready." Hey, if I was in a nice warm place and got fed all the time, I wouldn't come out either. It's damn cold out here. Everything is ready to go. The bags are packed. She'll come when she's ready.

In other news...Tom's grandma passed away on Sunday. She has been sick for so long, that it is almost a blessing. The funeral is tomorrow, and Tom and I are doing the readings at the church. I was touched that they thought of me to do it. Once all this is taken care of, I will be totally ready to have this baby. We just need to get through all this first.

I have been saying that the baby will come on Saturday because that is Taryn's birthday. Then both girls will have the same birthday. I would feel really bad if Taryn had to share her birthday, but what can I do? I suppose I could try to cross my legs all day Saturday, but something tells me it wouldn't make a difference. Oh, well. If it happens, it happens.

We ordered 10 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies from Taryn. I can't wait until she gets here on the 16th so I can have some. Ah, sitting at home with my new baby, eating Girl Scout Cookies - that sounds like the life for me. Yes please.

Why can't I concentrate on anything. I feel like my mind is wandering aimlessly everywhere than where it is supposed to be. Too much in there.

I missed Idol last night. Fell asleep at 8:30. That's not unusual. Hope I can stay awake tonight - at least until 9:30 when 30 Rock comes one. I hate that show.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Please tell Tom I am so sorry. Eve when you're prepared, its still a bit of a shock. Strange thing is I was thinking about her Sunday in Columbus...

Stacy Cane said...

I am sorry for Tom's loss.

On a happy note, it is almost Taco time. Or burrito time? meximelt time?

Christie said...

Thank you both.

Yes, almost taco time. She just doesn't seem to want to come out. I think it's too cold. :)