Thursday, August 04, 2005

Sweet Land of Liberty - Yeah Right

This is a follow up to my comments made on Kristen's blog - http://kristenbloeser.blogspot.com/

Ok, this could be a long one and will work really hard to be brief. I have been thinking a lot about the state of our government lately. All the things that I thought I believed, I now question. I am not a kook. I think I posted something on MDB's blog about giggling when Warren would speak of his conspiracy theories, but I too have watched some documentaries recently that have really made me question everything I ever believed. It wasn't one person or even two - I think I have seen at least four documentaries that call into question recent events in our history. If you take a step back and look at all of the things going on right now - some things just do not add up.

There is so much to say, but the bottom line is this. The events of September 11th are only relayed to us through the media. We watch the news and say, "how horrible." Those bad terrorists, those poor people. We look at the sadness and the destruction, not the facts behind the event itself. Now, we agree to be searched, because it makes us safer. We say, "I don't mind the government knowing what books I check out of the library; I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm not a terrorist." We also say things like, "If it is for the good of the country, I'll do it." However, what if the events that happened on 9/11 were not what they seem. What if the powers that be knew they could strip you of your freedoms with a little fear? What if there was another "attack"? Would we as a country be willing to have the National Guard patrol our streets to make us safer? I wouldn't. We see troops in the streets in other countries - not here. But if it was said that it was being done to "keep us safe" would anyone question it?

Like I said in Kristen's blog - when a group of individuals have all the money they could want, what is left? Power. Global power. There is a group called Project for a New American Century.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/index.html
Take a look at this and see what you think. Here is just one quote from their statement of principles, "We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership."

Hmmm....global domination through military force. The boys sit around their conference table and decide that global "leadership" is the way to go, but how could they ever get the American people to buy it? They would never go for us invading other countries for the sake of spreading Democracy. Right? Well, they would if they thought they wouldn't be safe otherwise. It is necessary. What happens if the invasion doesn't go well? Simple. We send more people into space. We clog the news with space walks and missing Alabama girls. We can just gloss over the fact that 20 more Marines died because of carside bombs.

Look, I'm not saying the government committed the crimes of 9/11. I'm not saying that the people who believe in the New American Century did it. I am saying that the facts of the case don't add up if you search beyond what the media has told you. It is a scary thought, I know.

Again, I am not a kook and am not paranoid. I am just questioning the facts that we are given, doing a bit of research, and drawing my own conclusions.

I think it's great that people at least are open to the idea that searches are wrong. I hope everyone becomes more vigilant about their freedoms. For, what is the point of this country if we didn't have them. Wasn't that the idea in the first place?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Well I guess I never really understood the whole blame Al Queda thing. I mean we do what we believe is right and they do the same. Yes they were a bit underhanded about the whole thing, but god knows we've done some f*cked up stuff in the name of America.

Stacy Cane said...

When W says things like "they hate us for our freedom," he is avoiding any meaningful analysis of why 9/11 happened and why al-Qaeda targets the US. But if you start discussing that, you get fired at because somehow you are then justifying what they did.

If we refuse to even try to understand how we got here, we really cannot ever expect to solve the problem.