Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Since I get it, I will comment

This is in response to a cryptic post from audient today....http://audientfiles.blogspot.com/2005/08/validation.html

It is sad when you find that someone you thought you knew isn't what you thought at all. I have found that to be the case often in the last few months. I sort of feel angry at myself for being so naive and trusting. I guess I just think that all people are good until they prove otherwise. Which is where my "rose colored glasses" come in. I look at people as acting with the best of intentions, and sometimes they make mistakes. That's human nature. However, I am finding that some people really don't have the best intentions. They use people. They strive to be the center of attention all the time. They become too much to handle. I just don't have the time in my life for drama. I enjoy having a drama free life. I love having friends that are easy people to be friends with. I have come to realize that the people that I have surrounded myself with in the past few years are just not the people I thought they were. To top it off, the people that I have cast aside, I am realizing, are truly wonderful people.

I guess this is just another life lesson. It is a big one for me. I am really starting to realize the value of good people. So, thank you to all the good people in my life!!!

3 comments:

Stacy Cane said...

Despite everything, I still think its preferable to expect better and risk occasional disappointment.

But, I think you get it.

HCG said...

I know exactly how you feel, Christie. Friendships are suppose to be a simple human interaction. It's not rock science. It's not a competition. Some are too bullheaded to understand the true meaning of a friendship. Some are too overpowering. Those individuals should stay the way they are. Nonetheless, they should not place blame on their non-compliant friend(s). Some people will never change... we most not waste our energy on negativity.
I love you, Chrisite. You're such a great friend. I'm glad we're on the same page.

Mr. Bebout said...

You should post a new item. This stuf is stale like last years boogar