Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tom may be Clark Griswold and I may be Ellen


Tom and I were driving to work/school today and decided that we want to see a part of every state in the union. We are always up for an adventure and enjoy the sights that are off the beaten path. We decided that the major landmarks are easy...The Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, The World's Largest Ball of Yarn (you get the idea). However, we became a little stumped in states like Idaho, Kansas, etc. I guess we'll just figure it out as we go along. That's part of the fun.

Anyway...the first trip is...drumroll.....Louisville, Kentucky! Believe it or not, there is much to see and do there. I will keep everyone updated as the tip plans progress. So far, I have found a riverboat cruise and other historical type stuff. I am continuing to do research. If anyone knows anything about Louisville (or Kentucky in general), please let me know.

This is sure to be the first of our many adventures. I need a map and a notebook to keep a journal of everywhere we go.

3 comments:

Stacy Cane said...

If I may make a suggestion. Inspired by JDG, MJ and I picked up National Parks Passports. Every National Park and National Historic Site has an inkstamp that they will stamp your passport with. I don't think there is a state that doesn't have at least one national park or national historic site anymore. Even you don't strive to fill the passports like JDG has (he is on his third), it will give you lots of ideas of places to go, and its a small keepsake of what you've seen to get your book stamped.

Stacy Cane said...

In fact, many parks have multiple stamps. I think the Cuyahoga Valley National Park has 7 stamps you can collect. The one we got most recently was the Perry Monument stamp at Put-In-Bay.

I haven't spent much time looking at this site, but JDG referred us to: http://www.parkstamps.org/

Kristen said...

Please don't make this whole thing dorkier than it already is by using some sort of stamp passport. (Except a little bit it does sound kind of fun colelcting the stamps)but the cool in me has to advise against it.